Why, then, are some people rich and others poor? I used to think that only a very few were called to serve God in the area of business and money, that only a few were to become millionaires. I thought that because of my call as a pastor and preacher that I did not qualify to be wealthy. Thankfully, I discovered otherwise. God did not choose some to be wealthy and others to be in need. Nor does destiny or luck have anything to do with this.
The reason some are rich is that they work hard and make right choices, and because they see opportunities and maximize them, while the poor do not. My advice is to start seeing. Some mistakenly think wealth or the ability to make money is given to some while others do not have such gifts.Yes that could be true to some extent but really, we can all do all things if only we first desire to do them and work hard to accomplish them. The same principles that apply to wealthy people can bring us to wealth if we apply them diligently to our own situations. Geniuses are made, not born. Moreover, if they are born, they are born out of labour.
God gave ears to both rich and poor. But some ears can hear and some cannot because they are blocked with ignorance. The latter is the common problem among most people. They appear to be listening, but when they walk away, they remember nothing
REASONS WHY SOME PEOPLE ARE RICH AND SOME ARE POOR
- The difference is that poor people eat their seed, whereas rich people sow or invest their seed.
- The poor want to live like the rich, so they buy luxuries. The rich, however, never spend; they multiply their money and live off overflow.
- The rich know how to identify opportunities, whereas the poor do not see the opportunities.
- The rich have the “can do” mind –set, but the poor rely on miracles and luck.”Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth
- Poverty is not a state of the purse or pocket, but a state of the mind.
- For the majority of their time, the poor are not doing enough things in an efficient manner, whereas the rich are experts at what they do and diligent in their work.
- Poverty is a lack of management, whereas the rich know how to manage resources.
- Poverty is a lack of savings and investments, whereas the rich understand and practice saving and investing.
- The people have not learned how to reduce their expenses, whereas the rich have learned how to overcome their appetite.
- The rich are masters of their gifts and resources, but the poor have not maximized these.
- The poor are afraid of failure, whereas the rich take risks.
- Failure comes by making excuses, but the rich ask, ”Why not?”
- Poverty comes by inability, lack of self-discipline, and unwillingness to confront hardship.
Culled from the book “Money won’t make you rich” by Sunday Adelaja
Akin is the author of the book "THE INTERNET: a town square for the global village.