According to Google, 97% of consumers use the web to search for local businesses and if the vast majority of your potential customers are online, you should be, too. Having a strong online presence is a crucial component of your marketing strategy, no matter what size your business is or what industry it belongs to.
An online presence is important for outbound marketing because it reinforces your brand and what you offer to your target market. Once you’ve communicated with your audience, you’ll need to have a web presence that helps portray why your product or service is so great because that’s the next stop for the majority of your potential customers.
It’s also vital for inbound marketing, because quality online content will help attract customers even if they haven’t heard of your brand.
So here are three of the first things you need to look at when building your online marketing efforts.
1. Your website
All businesses, no matter how small, should have a website. It can be extremely basic, but it should contain the fundamental information customers both existing and potential need.
A basic website is pretty easy to set up using an application like WordPress. WordPress is a free blogging tool and content management system that gives users the option to pay a little more for the premium version.
If you’re starting from scratch and not sure what your website should include, survey your existing customers. Whether you send out an email asking for their input, or mention it casually while making their coffee, it’s the best way to get the insight you need people love to be involved and share their opinions.
2. Search engine optimization
Once you have a website, it’s vital that it can actually be found by search engines. After all, 89 percent of consumers use search engines to research a product, service or business before making a decision. To take advantage of this, you need to make sure to look at Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for your website.
In case you are not completely sure what SEO means, how it works, or why it is important, here is a quick rundown:
– What: The purpose of SEO is to make it easy for search engines to find your website and list it in their ‘organic’ (as opposed to ‘paid’) results.
– Why: People tend to trust search engines, so websites that appear high in results pages are more likely to receive traffic.
– How: Using search-engine friendly methods to improve your website.
– Who: Everyone who has information that people want to find on the internet should be using SEO techniques.
– When: All the time SEO is an ongoing process. It is important to monitor the information on your website and make sure it’s current and correct. Search engines also love new content, which is why starting a blog can do wonders for your SEO.
– Where: Major search engines include Google, Yahoo and Bing. They connect people all over the world to the content they desire, from products to services to information.
3. Social media
Social media is an important part of your online presence that improves your chances of generating additional revenue and building customer loyalty. It allows customers, potential customers and other interested parties to engage easily via a channel that plays an important role in their everyday lives.
Although not every social media channel will be relevant to each business, it is definitely worth looking into your options. For example, Facebook and Twitter will serve a purpose for almost any business, it is a great place to post news, tips, photos and videos and ask and answer questions.
Once you have decided which social media channels to use, get a clear idea of the kind of content you can share. The more compelling and engaging your material is, the more likely your followers will like, comment and share your posts.
Engagement is key to promoting your brand not only will it make you more appealing to existing customers, the more positive social activity that goes on, the higher the chance is that their friends will be exposed to your brand and intrigued by what you have to offer.
When they do this, they are engaging with your brand and their networks (friends, family, colleagues) are seeing that engagement and may be prompted to check you out for their own needs.
Our Services Help You Build Your Online Presence
WEBSITE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
Establish your online presence with a new website and attract your ideal clients locally, nationally and
WEBSITE REDESIGN AND REPAIR
We will redesign, improve or make repairs to your existing site. We will eliminate the trouble spots to give your visitors a user-friendly experience and build your online presence.
We provide website updates, backups, security and maintenance to insure peace of mind.–
WEBSITE OPTIMIZATION FOR SEARCH ENGINES (SEO)
We will improve your website’s visibility and ranking and create a comprehensive plan to get the results you want and build your online presence. Your goods and services will be visible to the thousands of people who are searching for exactly what you offer.
Akin is the author of the book "THE INTERNET: a town square for the global village.
Latest posts by Akin Babatunde (see all)
- How the Internet of Things will improve your life - April 19, 2017
- Samsung begins pre-order for Galaxy S8, S8+ - April 18, 2017
- How social media affects lives and society negatively - April 14, 2017