On every man’s road to dressing better, he learns quite a few things about style.
Keep reading to make sure you don’t make the same mistakes — and learn how to fix them, if you do.
1. Wearing straight ties with shortsleeved shirts
That’s a major fashion blunder. You’re no longer in high school. Preferably, if you must wear a tie, try bow ties instead. They look way better.
2. Wearing short socks underneath your trousers
It’s a total No No to wear short socks. The right thing to do is to wear socks that go way up tp your calves, so when you sit, your skin remains invisible.
3. Wearing warped shoes
I know they might be your favorite and you’re not sure of finding them on any shoe shelf, please leave them at home. Some things don’t last forever.
4. Buttons on suits
It’s considered a fashion blunder to button up your suit jacket. If it’s a suit with 3 buttons, button 2 and fly one. And if it’s a 2 button suit, button up one and fly the other.
5. Wearing oversized/baggy shirts
Shirts aren’t supposed to be baggy. They’re supposed to fit! A good rule of thumb is to get a shirt that fits as close to your body as you can while you retain free range of movement in your arms.
6. On matching your belts with your shoes
Matching your belt and shoes is a good rule of thumb for the dressiest of occasions, but that’s really the only time. It’s not necessary for business suits or any level of dress lower than that.
7. Showing off money in a men’s high end store means you’re fashionable.
Lol. Wrongest idea ever! I know someone who visits the local stores around some called ‘bend down boutique’ and comes out looking like a million naira.
Akin is the author of the book "THE INTERNET: a town square for the global village.
Latest posts by Akin Babatunde (see all)
- How the Internet of Things will improve your life - April 19, 2017
- Samsung begins pre-order for Galaxy S8, S8+ - April 18, 2017
- How social media affects lives and society negatively - April 14, 2017